Monday, July 14, 2014

Weekend Shenanigans

We had a fantastic weekend!  Weekends here in Columbus are seriously cherished as it is the only night I get to see Cory before 9 pm (or eat dinner before 9 pm for that matter.) 



First off, I wore pigtails for the first time in ages.  Who said adults can't wear pigs?  I think it takes at least 8 years off my face. :) Seriously people, it's no wonder I grew up with my hair like this.  It is an all-hair-off-your-face heavenly experience.  I would recommend it to anyone.  


Secondly, meet my little heater. This is me sitting next to it right now. "In July?" you ask. Yes.  Is that weird?  But, it looks pretty harmless, right?? 



 It's not.  I burned my leg on Friday.  Fun fact about me:  I love heaters.  Even in July when it is scorching hot and freaking humid outside.  I keep our thermostat at 69 degrees just so I can be cold enough to sit by my heater all day long.  It's really not very efficient, but it's totally worth it!  (I also used to sleep with it next to me, but my dad told me a few years ago that I was going to end up in a burn unit and that kinda scared me.) Anyway, imagine me minding my own business on the couch next to my heater and the darn thing just up and tips over right on my leg.  Check it out! It burned a pattern in my leg! 




Third thing we did was something I've been wanting to do for years:  Eat at Red Lobster.  My friend Janessa and I made bucket lists in college about five years ago.  They weren't really bucket lists because we were supposed to finish them in a year, but I don't think either of us did.  Whoops.  But I've always remembered that we had put "Eat at Red Lobster" on there, and I'd never actually gotten around to it until now.  It was delicious!  We all got 4 course meals for $15.99. Such a steal!  My two favorite courses were the clam chowder and the dessert.  Mmmm...  I hope to eat there many more times over the years!  And this picture was taken after we'd eaten, hence the food baby. 



Lastly, when Cory and I have free time sometimes we like to go shoot hoops even though we are terrible.  There is this random, single, half-court hoop behind a United Healthcare building here that nobody knows about.  It's totally quaint!  We decided to go shoot some hoops last night with our friend Colten and Cory took his skateboard as well. This is a video I got: 


Don't you just die?? Such a talent! Did you know he was voted most talented in high school?  I did.  He tells me almost every day! :)

Did you all have a good weekend??  

1 comment: