Friday, July 18, 2014

To the Guy Who Taught Me How to Pick My Nose...

Happy Birthday to my big brother Adam!!!


He is the kindest person I know.  He calls me sometimes multiple times a day just to chat and I LOVE it!  He has a way of making me cry and teasing me like nobody else, but he also has a way of allowing me to cry.  I can remember several occasions where I was trying not to cry and I'd walk in his room and he'd say, "You need to cry,"  which of course unleashed the beast.  But he is safety to me and I feel like I can share anything with him.  He is one of my best friends! 

I honestly do not know what I would do without him.  He has been there with me through it all and understands me better than almost anyone.  We've grown up together! Check out some of these pictures.  I'm actually crying with laughter as I look at them: 


Do you die?? 


That hair. I want a red-headed child SO bad!!!


I'm certain this was his first haircut, but what do I know? I wasn't born yet. Dad looks tired. Mom is a babe. 


We had young parents together.  Which we can't say for the rest of the siblings.  I mean, did we really have parents that were our ages?  Stop. 


We sat on Santa's lap together.  I'm sure this was right about the time he taught me how to pick my nose in the back of our blue minivan.  He showed me his finger and then said, "Look!  You just stick it up!"  I've been hooked ever since. :) And is that a purple mustache I see? 


Whitey-tighties. Shut the front door.  We slept in this room together all the time. In our car beds.  He also played the card game War with me every Sunday afternoon in this room.  Oh, and it's also where he used to torment me by saying I was sleep-talking about the neighbor boy and confessing my love.  I hated that. 


I've been surrounded by redheads my whole life.  I've cried MERCY so many times!  But they look downright angelic in this picture. You'd never know.   Please notice all the fun going on.  First and foremost that Alex is standing in first position while holding a Care Bear.  And his outfit is hysterical!  Adam is eating a ten-foot long piece of licorice and all the while I am ROCKING the purple Birkenstocks and washed bleach shorts.  These were truly the days... 
Although, I still think Al takes the cake on this one. I laugh every time I look at him.  So innocent with his Flintstone feet. 

And I saved the best for last.  How many people can say that Bart Simpson is their older brother??  



Probably just me. 

I just love this guy!  

And by this picture you might never know what beautiful kids he produced.  Check them out: 


Lincoln and Rosie. The loves of my life. 


Oh, and did I mention he married the coolest cat out there??  Heidi, you are the best thing that ever happened to him.  Besides me, of course. Jk. Sort of. 

I hope you have a wonderful day, Addy Bear!  You're the funniest person I know, the best dad and brother around, and I just love you!  

M




No comments:

Post a Comment