Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Temple Newbie


Today we attended an early morning endowment session at the Columbus Ohio Temple. It was a lovely experience, as always. 

The temple here is really beautiful!  It is a different experience driving to the temple in Ohio than it is in Utah, though.  You don't even see it coming because it is tiny and there are so many trees, and then all of a sudden you are practically in the parking lot.  Every time I drive there I'm like WHAT THE? It seriously sneaks up on you.  In Utah a lot of the temples are on higher ground and you can see multiple ones across the Salt Lake valley.  I love that about home. But it is amazing here too. And I love having a temple this close to us.  So blessed!  

This was the first time we've been able to go together since we have been out here in Ohio and it was just the spiritual up-liftment that I needed. 

On a side note, I embarrassed myself for the second session in a row.  I can't say much about what goes on in the temple (not because it's a secret, but because it is sacred), but I can say that I did something wrong and everyone had to wait while I fixed it.  In that moment I hated myself. How could something like this be happening AGAIN??  I was humiliated. Luckily, my cute sister-in-law Tory realized she'd made the same mistake and so I wasn't alone.  But gosh, was I flustered?  My hands were sweating profusely. I was giggling.  I wanted to crawl in a hole.  I felt the need to stick up for myself so I told the worker that I was new. :) And I am. So it's okay. I've lived to die another day. 

Oh, and it was ultra-bright when we got outside to take a picture so it took about five shots to get the top one.  This is why.  

Cory copped out and kissed me so he didn't have to face the sun, but I can't complain.  He's just so lovable. 



By the way, did I mention we will be home in a month from yesterday? But who's counting?...

Your's truly flustered, 
M


No comments:

Post a Comment