Sunday, September 14, 2014

Typical Sunday/Bawl Baby


Today has literally been a roller coaster (bolded and underlined to add emphasis!!!) and I just need you people to enjoy these laughs as much as I have.  

Right as we got into the car this morning for church (at 9 am ugh!), Cory turns to me and says, "I had a long black hair coming out of my ear.  Don't worry, I got rid of it.  But, why didn't you tell me??"  As if I'm supposed to notice every hair coming out of his body. Honestly, people, this is how my morning started out (not taking into account the morning breath that I have to tackle every morning. Ewe). 

I died.  I'm like Today is gonna be a good day.  Little did I know what was about to come..

So we are sitting in sacrament meeting (second row from the back thankfully) and the sacrament finally gets to us. 

 Cory says this, "I'm thirsty.  I need to find a cup that is pretty full."  As if with a cup that size any more full is going to make a difference.  

I just kind of smiled and hoped nobody was noticing us.  Then- THEN- after searching for a moment, he finally finds the perfect cup that is just slightly fuller than all the rest (because he's thirsty, you know? :)) and he goes to so-delicately pick it up and it slides between his fingers and spills all over him and the ground.  Guess what I do- burst into laughter mid-sacrament- of course at the most inappropriate time. I was laughing so hard I was shaking and tears were coming down my cheeks!  The look on his face was priceless. This is what I am dealing with, folks.  I am laughing even thinking about it.  Oh, and it all happened right after the toddler behind us screamed, louder than all get-out,  "NO, I'M NOT GONNA FALL ASL..!" And then his mom clasped his mouth.  Let's just say that sacrament was MORE than entertaining today.  

That was that.  Then we went to Sunday school and had a wonderful lesson on talents.  Now let me tell you that I was biting back tears the whole time.  I love participating in class, and I did a couple times, but every time I wanted to I could feel the tears burning at the back of my eyes.  I've been an emotional wreck lately (PMS?).  When we got home from church I watched about 3 episodes of Criminal Minds (that's pretty all we do) and then I tidied up to get ready to go to a family function.  As we were getting ready to leave Cory started wrestling me and teasing me and it honestly was way funny and fun.  I told him how emotional I was feeling and then all of the sudden I was having a full-fledged meltdown right as we were supposed to leave.  I think Corny was stunned to say the least!  And then I started laughing because I had no reason to be crying or any idea why I was crying.  I ask myself every month if this is some dirty trick. ??? I'm telling you- it's been some pretty high highs and some utterly low lows today.  Can anyone relate to me?? I'm feeling a little bit cray cray.

The rest of the day has been great.  Thank heaven.  We had a picnic at the park with his side of the family and played frisbee and Spikeball, our favorites.  It was so nice to enjoy such good company and the wonderful weather that September always brings.  I hate when September ends every year because it is BY FAR my favorite month.  It has a certain glow about it that I look forward to every year. 


After we left the picnic we stopped my parents' house for a little bit and had vanilla shakes that my dad made.  One of my favorite things is when he makes us shakes on Sundays!  Such a cutie- that Davey K! 

Now I sit here and type as I wait for Corny to edit some pictures.  Then we are going to watch some more TV.  Sue us. 

I also wanted to add that I shot my first PAID wedding video yesterday!  I have been getting into videography so that Cory and I could double-book weddings with him as photographer and me as videographer.  I have to admit it was only the third wedding that I've done, but I think it went really well!  I'm gonna make Cory do most of the editing, as I am not very good with stuff like that, but shooting was fun!  I always love being on temple grounds and feeling the wonderful spirit and happiness that is always there.  If you haven't gone inside you should become worthy so you can.  It truly is amazing. 

Their reception was absolutely lovely.  I was exhausted the whole time, but it was a really good experience, and the family was fantastic!  I love working with fun people!  

As the bride and groom were having their first dance I could feel myself start to get a little more emotional than usual, but I pretty much kept myself composed.  Then her dad came and stole her away and danced with her to "Butterfly Kisses" and I nearly lost it.  I turned to Cory as my eyes welled up with tears and I said, "Uh oh!"  as I blinked really fast to make them go away.  THEN her grandpa came and stole her away from her dad and I for real almost bawled.  Get it together- Em.  My heck!  Cory just laughed at me.  But it made me think of my grandpa Robert and all the love I have for him and how I wished he could've been at my wedding.  My dream, my whole life, was to have him seal my husband and me in the temple, but he passed away 9 months before we got married, and only 2 months before I met Cory.  I kept thinking how it would have been to dance with my grandpa at my own wedding.  I hope that bride realized how blessed she was to have him there.  His name was Pappa (at least that's what he told me) and I absolutely fell in love with him.  The cutest little man ever and made sure I was doing okay all night. 

Okay, now I'm getting teary again.  SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP!   I am telling you the water table is mighty high as of late.  

This last week we also had some time to take some pictures and it was really fun.  We haven't taken a lot of time lately to do that and it felt good to get out.  I love being married to a man of many talents. This is me braving the elements once again. Oh, the things I do for him!


We also painted some more furniture this week.  His sister gave us this piece of furniture and it was just brown, but we gave it a makeover and I LOVE how it turned out!  What do you think??


Also, I'm obsessed with our new rug.  I'd been wanting it since we lived in Ohio and finally convinced Cory to let me get it.  It feels like a Golden Doodle.  Love, love, LOVE. 

Oh, and I also found a job this last week.  I am going to be nannying for a family in SLC and they are wonderful! I honestly thought I would die if I had to do another desk job.  So I think this will work out great!  

Anyway.. That is pretty much the update on us.  Even though it's been a roller coaster Sunday for me as far as emotions go, it has also been very peaceful, and for that I am grateful.  I can't wait for General Conference in a just three weeks! 

I hope you've all had a peaceful, family-filled Sunday.  Sundays are my favorite. 

M

1 comment:

  1. Wren and I ALWAYS laugh hysterically anytime we aren't supposed to. It's the worst. The last time? When my Uncle Gary gave THE funniest closing prayer EVER at my grandpa's funeral. I was literally convulsing, tears STREAMING down my face and just shaking. AND we were on the VERY front row. Wren started doing the same, and then Rache, and then Kate and oh my gosh I could have died! I think our only redeeming factor was that people probably (hopefully) just thought we were BAWLING our eyes out. OMG.

    ReplyDelete