Monday, September 15, 2014

Numerology

What number are YOU???


I am a two! 

Have any of you ever heard of numerology??  It is one of our family's favorite things to talk about and for some odd reason it gives perspective into people's personalities.  I know it sounds like a hoax, but the weird thing is is that it usually is spot on!!  

A few years ago my mom and her twin sister Holly started getting into numerology and I felt validated when I found out what number I was- which is a 2. If you know me, you will see that it describes me pretty well.  Every person I know fits their number almost to a T!  

Okay, so I'm no expert on this- and I only know the basics- but from what I understand there are numbers ranging from 1-9.  The way you get your number is by taking your birthday, including the year, and adding up all the numbers.  For instance, if I was born tomorrow, 09/16/2014, I would figure it out like this: 

9 (the month) + 1 + 6 (the day) + 2 + 0 + 1 + 4 (the year) = 23

Now since there are only numbers 1-9 you have to simplify it even further. 

So since it equaled 23, you would now add:

2 + 3 = 5

Five cannot be simplified any further so if I were born tomorrow I would be a five. 

I went online and found a site called numerology.com and here are some of their definitions of the numbers.  Once you've figured out what number you are- read about it!

And remember, that you can either play off of the positive side of your number AND/OR the negative. 

Here we go: 

Number 1

Positive Characteristics: Individualistic and independent, showing leadership and drive. The 1 is masculine, focused, an originator and self-starter; it is also progressive, strong-willed, courageous, self-reliant and rebellious (in a constructive way). 

Negative Characteristics: 1s can be stubborn, selfish, weak and undisciplined, or a pariah. 

My take: Number 1s can be hard if they aren't careful.  I don't know very many of them, but they kind of scare me.  I think of red-personalities when I think of a 1. They do make good leaders, though! 

Number 2

Positive Characteristics: Sensitive, tactful, diplomatic and cooperative.  The 2s tend to be peacemakers and are loving, studious and patient.  A 2 may express many musical or feminine qualities and also tends to be sensual and intuitive. 

Negative Characteristics: 2s are often discontent and can be seen as spoiled or lazy.  They can be careless, particularly with the truth, but when criticized for their faults are oversensitive. 

My take: Every single 2 I know is a lover.  In our family we call them the lovers because we are just here to love and be loved.  We enjoy staying home and listening to music or crafting.  I consider the 2s cozy people who love to snuggle.  We HATE contention and are slightly co-dependent if we aren't careful. 

Number 3

Positive Characteristics: 3s are imaginative, expressive communicators and artists.  They are tolerant, joyful, optimistic, inspiring, talented, jovial, youthful, dynamic.. the list goes on and on!

Negative Characteristics: For as inspirational as 3s are, there is a price: they are often vain, extravagant and prone to complaining. Intolerance, hypocrisy, impatience and superficiality are par for the course when it comes to the 3s. 

My take: I've dated a couple 3s and they are dang good communicators.  I love that about them.  I don't like that they love being the center of attention, but hey- somebody has go to do it so it might as well be a 3!  I'll just sit on the sideline, thank you. 

Number 4

Positive Characteristics: 4s are disciplined, strong, stable, pragmatic, down-to-earth, reliable, dependable, hard-working, extracting, precise, methodical, conscientious, frugal, devoted, patriotic and trustworthy!

Negative Characteristics: 4s pay for their stability and pragmatism by tending toward the boring side.  This may express itself with a lack of imagination, emotions, empathy. 4s may not bother to put much care into their appearance, and their social awkwardness can make them seem vulgar, crude, or jealous. 

My take: Joseph Smith and Gordon B. Hinckley were both 4s (Or so I've heard!).  So 4s can be really amazing!  They are considered the teacher, but can also tend to be really boring.  I have a hard time with the 4s because I am not a tough-lover and the ones that I know are.  They are super stable and practical.

Number 5

Positive Characteristics: 5s are energetic, adventurous, daring and freedom-loving.  They also tend to be versatile, flexible, adaptable, curious, social, sensual, quick-thinking, witty, courageous and worldly. 

Negative Characteristics: On the flip side, 5s can be unstable, chaotic, self-indulgent, irresponsible or careless.  They should beware the consequences of drug abuse and unhealthy sexual tendencies. 

My take: Well, I married a 5 and so I feel like I know them pretty well.  When I think of the 5s I think of fun. I think of people who want to travel the world.  Cory just can't WAIT to plan vacations and go and do adventurous things. For instance, he is at the skatepark as I am writing. Case in point.  To me, the 5s are freaking fun and have flaming yellow personalities!  They make me get out of the house and enjoy the outdoors, yet they take care of me when I am sick or sad.  My little sister Cam is a 5 and she is one of the kindest people I know!  The dark side of the 5s is they can be selfish.  So be careful!  

Number 6

Positive Characteristics: 6s are responsible, loving, self-sacrificing, protective, sympathetic and compassionate.  These loyal, maternal figures are domestic, fair, and idealistic healers or teachers. 

Negative Characteristics: A 6 can overdo its inherent protectiveness and become anxious, worrisome, suspicious, paranoid, emotionally unstable, cynical or jealous.  They tend toward the conventional side. 

My take: The 6s are considered the parent.  Both of my parents are 6s and I LOVE that about them.  They are both so nurturing and caring and are always watching out for me.  I do wonder, though, if my mom's six-ness has me into the paranoid schitzo that I am!  She'd say to me when I would go somewhere in high school, "Remember that you're no good to me dead!"  Yes. Slightly paranoid, but always amazing. :) 

Number 7

Positive Characteristics:  7 isn't just a lucky number.  It's also spiritual, intelligent, analytical, focused, introspective, studious, intuitive, knowledgeable, contemplative, serious, persevering, refined, gracious and displays much inner wisdom. 

Negative Characteristics: 7s can be aloof, distant, sarcastic, socially awkward, melancholic, cowardly and, when they're at their worst, back-stabbers. 

My take: I don't really have an opinion on the 7s because I don't know much about them. All I know is that I don't seem to have any problems with the 7s in my life. :) 

Number 8

Positive Characteristics: 8s are authoritative, business-minded leaders.  They value control and tend to be powerful, but are also balanced, materially detached, successful and realistic.  They end up in management positions, are efficient, capable, street-smart and good judges of character. 

Negative Characteristics: The dark side of the 8 can be cruel, insensitive, violent, bullish or greedy.  At their worst, 8s can become intolerant religious zealots. 

My take: The 8s tend to be a harder number in general, but I don't know if that's just due to the cruelty in their dark side or what.  I know they can be super successful! 

Number 9

Positive Characteristics: 9s are helpful, compassionate, aristocratic, sophisticated, charitable, generous, humanitarian, romantic, cooperative, creative, self-sufficient, proud, and self-sacrificing. 

Negative Characteristics: 9s can end up being egocentric, arrogant, self-pitying, sentimental, discontent, fickle, cold or mentally unstable. 

My take: The 9s are some of my favorite people.  I dated a 9 for a minute and I loved it because the 9s can do anything. They are super capable and are considered the humanitarian.  People always assume that they can do things and so they get asked to help out a lot!  I can't think of anything bad to say about the 9s that I know. Love them! 

I'm not even kid din you, people, do your number and it probably matches up fairly well!  In our family we have my two parents that are 6s, Adam and Heidi are both 3s, while Lincoln and Rosie are both 7s.  Cory is a 5 and I am a 2.  Alex is also a 2 while Tory is a 7.  Benson and Cambria are both 5s (think world travelers!), and Hayley is a 3.  So, as you can see, we have a lot of the same numbers going on!  With both of my parents being 6s, you can seen why we were all coddled our whole lives.  Still are. 

And just because I have a certain opinion on the numbers doesn't mean that I don't love everyone. :)  I realize that it doesn't work for everyone, but love it anyway! Depending on your number you are more compatible with other numbers.  So, if you are married, try figuring out your spouse's number and see if it helps you understand them a little better! 

This is SO interesting to me!  I love learning people's birthdays so that I can figure out their numbers.  It helps me get some insight on them from the get-go! And NO I do not base all of my opinions on numerology (or do I?? :)), but I do find it pretty FREAKIN' interesting!  What do you think?

If you read this post- post what number you are!  I am interested to know. 

K, I love you all no matter your number.  And let me know if you find this as interesting as I do, or if you just think I'm as nuts as I look in this picture.




Mmmmmkay? Thanks bye.  

4 comments:

  1. Apparently I'm a 10...??? Help!! 9-16-1992 and it equals 37! Ha! I remember your mother dear figuring it out once! :) maybe I don't belong :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nat 10 would be 1+0 which just equals 1! :) You belong!

      Delete
  2. Love love love this post. The numbers never lie. You and McKenna are the biggest two's that ever lived, oh my. I love how you wrote the 5's are fun and energetic, think crazy Drew and Aspen. Hello. Well, tell Cory to plan a trip around the world with Rach, Bens, Cam and my two fives and McKenna, Grandma, and you can knit them some blankets to go. Ha ha. I love the million conversations we have had over this at Bear Lake and Grandmas. Love it. Someone told me two days ago I treat this like a religion, sue me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm literally dying reading this! It practically is a religion! I'm already buying the yarn to begin my project... :) Come to Utah now.

      Delete