Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I'm BACK! We're BACK! Life as of Late...

I have been in serious mourning these last few weeks because I haven't really had any free time to blog.  What. The. Heck! So this is a post to update you all on the Devenney life and to let you know that WE ARE BACK IN UTAH! (Amen, hallelujah!)

Packing up our stuff was the worst part of moving back.  I had to say goodbye to my very best friend (whom I've been sleeping with since I was 12)-  Mr. Wuggle Devenney.  To say that Corny was elated would be an understatement.  He's been begging me since we got married to get rid of it and I haven't had the wherewithal to part... until now.  When I mentioned that I thought it might be time for Wuggle to meet the garbage can Corny latched onto the idea, AND THEN GRABBED A KNIFE!  I don't know why he hated him so bad.  A wash every six years is plenty! He really was a pain to wash.  When I flew to Utah in June and Cory was in Ohio alone for a week pining for me, he told me that he felt lonely in bed and was going to keep my Wuggle on my side, but then he threw it off because he didn't want to touch it in that middle of the night because he hated the texture.  Come on, babe, aged fleece is WHERE IT'S AT! :) 

 Poor Wuggle Devenney.  May he rest in peace...  If only I knew that Wuggle was safely tucked away in a landfill in Utah instead of Ohio... 


Moving on... The drive back from Columbus was looooooong.  It was a 27 hour drive and I swear Wyoming was 25 hours of it.  Death.  But, we had a good time!  We stopped in North Platte, Nebraska to sleep after our first long day of driving and I've never loved a bed so much.  And a shower.  And a clean toilet.  I should have taken pictures of all the gas station bathrooms I had to use.  Yikes! 

I fell asleep when we left Ohio and was way sad because I wanted to get a picture of this and when I woke up I told Cory and he had gotten it for me.  What a doll! I miss Ohio and all the green it has to offer. 

  
One of my favorite things to do is to take pictures of Corny when he is sleeping. 


He's such a sport for putting up with me.  I can't think of anyone worse to drive with than myself.  I have issues. 

But I'm also a lotta fun!  Can't you tell??


We surprised my parents by coming home a day early and it was a blast!  When we got home only my little sister Cambria was home with our nephew Lincoln.  It was such a treat!  Once my dad got home he and Lincoln helped us unpack.  I adore this boy.. 



Then we headed off to Bear Lake for our annual Killpies and Knudsies vacation!  It was Cory's first time on this particular vacay and we had a blast!  


Oh, how I missed the mountains!  Driving down Logan canyon to find this almost made me teary.  I love Bear Lake, cold and all. 

The water was beautiful and fairly warm this year- which is one of the perks of going in August.  We had so much fun tubing and water skiing.  And, of course, Corny showed us all up with this little trick he had up his sleeve. 



Oh Cory, you're so talented!  (And there I am, all fat.) 


This little ham got caught eating pretzels and Nutella at midnight.  Love him. 


Do you DIE at this picture!?  D-nied! 


This is what we do every night up there.  We all sit around and talk and play games.  

Davey K is in his prime up at the Bear.  He becomes Mary Poppins and brings us all lunch at the beach.


He really is Guy Friday. 


We played lots of frisbee on our get-a-way and we found out that my mom is an all-star frisbee champion.  We got a game of Ultimate Frisbee going one night at the park- Killpies vs. Knudsies- and it was SO fun!  Corny SHINES at sports.  Imagine me being death tired and him always trying to get me to go play with him. Sigh. I never regret it when I do! 

On our last day there Cory was minding his beeswax in the bathroom and a snake slithered out of the wall!  He hurry and finished and then came out and said, "Dave, can I use you for a second??" So as not to scare the rest of us. Which of course sounded just as fishy in itself!  They didn't catch it right off the bat, but my dad went back in later and it was there again and he killed it.  That was the last straw though.  Good thing we left a couple hours later.  
We were all dying though because our sister-in-law, Tory, is DEATHLY afraid of snakes and when we told her, she wouldn't come down from the stairs.  I got this on video but it won't upload.  Sad. 

This would happen to Cory, though.  I still laugh when I think about it.  Had it been me, I would not have been such a sport.  I would've screamed SO loud! 

Once we returned from our lover's tryst we had to begin our search for a place to live and WE FOUND ONE!  We love our little apartment in Draper and are finally feeling like we are getting settled.  Although, it won't last because we'll have to pick up and move again in April.  Yuck.  But we love it.  I think I've gone a little shop crazy.  It's so fun! (Slash slightly stressful.  I hate moving!)
Once we decided where to live we couldn't move in for over a week (my lucky parents!), so we spent that time furniture shopping at the D.I. and Savers.  We are wanting to start up a new business where we give old furniture a make-over and sell it.  I do have to admit that we found some of the cutest things and re-did them.  I am in love!  Has anyone ever heard of chalk paint?? It's expensive, but it is so fun!  We painted two dressers, a vanity, a massive piece of furniture that I don't know what it's called, a side table, and a coffee table.  WE HAVE BEEN SO BUSY!  
I need to go take pictures of our after products and I will blog about them later and you can all tell me what you think.  Deal?
What else have we been up to... Hmmm.  

Well, Corny sold his Mini and got a new car.  

Out with the old! 


In with the new! (And a bang!)


Man it looks good on him!  There is a story behind this car though.  Let me tell you..

Ever since we got married he has wanted to get a Jeep Grand Cherokee, as did I.  But I, being the logical person that I am (NOT) told him that I didn't think it was smart to buy a car right before we left and then have it sit in Utah all summer while we were in Columbus.  He went along with me, but wasn't that happy about it.  

As the summer started to come to an end, I began finding him looking at Jeeps online again.  For hours!  He'd say, "Oh, look at this one!" or "Look, babe, black on black!  What a steal!" or blah, blah, blah.  Finally, one time I said, "Look.  I don't think it is the best move to get an expensive car.  BUT..." and this is where I went wrong, "If you really want it and it is the ONLY thing that will make you happy, then you can get it."  I thought I would guilt him out of getting it.  

BACKFIRE!

He goes, "Awesome!  We are getting it!"
And so we got it. He won.  I lost. That's a first. :) 

He couldn't wipe the smile off his face if he tried.  His look of pure joy made it all worth the wait.  I was in THE worst mood because I'd been shopping at Costco, and Harmons, and Walmart, and Home Depot all day while he tried to find his dream car.  He kept calling as I'm trying to single-handedly push a Costco cart that was overflowing.  Finally I just said, "I'm gonna snap!  Just get the freaking car!" But seriously, he was so cute.  I could've died! 
And am I thrilled now??  Yes.  I love everything about this car.  I named him Sleek. And we dance in it. 


We are so excited to be back and to reconnect with family and friends!  Nothing can ever beat Utah and the beautiful mountains here.  This is our home, and we are so happy. It's dang good to be back. 

M











2 comments:

  1. I'm still laughing at the videos. I loved seeing our Cornball's trick. He's so talented and there you were all tall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved everything about this, my cutest M!

    ReplyDelete